Rental Terms and Conditions
Academy Rental Group, Inc., dba Academy Expo, of 116 Marion Road, Cincinnati, Ohio is hereinafter called “Lessor” and the party rented to is hereinafter called “Lessee“. Lessor hereby agrees to rent to Lessee and Lessee hereby agrees to rent from Lessor the property described below on the terms and conditions contained below and on the reverse hereof. This rental agreement shall commence on out date and terminate on due date as indicated on the reverse side.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In consideration for renting of the within-described personal property, Lessee agrees to pay to Academy Rentals, Inc., of 116 Marion Road, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45215, as rent for such property, the sum stated on the front hereof. A non-refundable deposit and partial payment of rent is due and payable upon the execution of this contract if stated on the front hereof. The balance shall be due and payable upon delivery unless stated otherwise on the front hereof. Such payment shall be made at the lessor’s address as set out in paragraph 1 of this lease unless otherwise agreed in writ- ing. Lessee will not assign this lease or sublet the leased property without the prior written consent of the lessor. 2. Lessor shall have the right to enter the grounds of Lessee at a time reasonable prior to the commencement of the rent in order to allow Lessor to place said property on the grounds, assemble and otherwise service said property. Lessor shall at all times during Lessee’s business hours, have the right to enter the premises where the leased property is locat- ed for the purpose of inspecting or repairing the property. Lessee shall allow Lessor on to Lessee’s property for the pur- pose of removing said property.
- Lessee shall exercise due care in the use and maintenance of the leased property. On the expiration or earlier termi- nation of this lease, Lessee shall return the leased property to Lessor in good repair and in the condition received, ordi- nary wear and tear resulting from proper use of the property expected. Lessee shall be responsible for the cost of clean- ing of equipment required upon return of the same. Lessee will safeguard and protect the leased property while the same is in Lessee’s possession. Lessee will be responsible for any damages to the leased property until it is returned to the control and possession of the Lessor.
- Liability for injury, disability and death of any person caused by the personal property or its operation, handling or trans- portation during the rental period shall be assumed by the Lessee, which shall indemnify the Lessor against all such liability and related costs including attorneys fees. Lessee shall indemnify Lessor against, and hold Lessor harmless from, all claims, actions, proceedings, damages and liabilities, including attorneys fees, arising from or connected with Lessee’s possession, use and return of the leased property.
- The Lessor and the Lessee agree that, in the event of Lessee’s material breach, including anticipatory breach, of this agreement, the Lessor will suffer substantial damage, which is difficult to describe in monetary terms. The Lessee there- fore agrees that, if the Lessee should materially breach the terms of this agreement, the Lessee will pay to the Lessor, the sum of the entire agreed rent plus, actual damage to the rented property, if any, as and for full satisfaction of any damages the Lessor may claim to have suffered. Lessor has all remedies at law and in equity available to it in the case of any breach by Lessee or any recipient of the requirements that information provided be kept confidential. 6. This lease and the construction of the lease shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.
DAMAGE WAIVER COVERAGE
- WHAT IS A DAMAGE WAIVER? Damage Waiver protects customers from having to pay for most damages that may occur to rented equipment.
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? The Damage Waiver is 5% of your rental charges. No damage waiver is applied to sales, delivery, or tax.
- HOW DOES IT WORK? In exchange for the Damage Waiver, we agree to absorb the cost of most repairs to the rental equipment. Without Damage Waiver, you are required to return the equipment undamaged or pay to have it fixed, up to the full cost of the equipment.
- WHAT DOES A DAMAGE WAIVER COVER? It covers all repair expenses to rental equipment except as noted in item 5.
- WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Theft or disappearance of equipment
- Missing parts and accessories
- Cleaning charges
- Gross negligence
- WHAT IS COVERED? The damage waiver is available only for linen table covers and linen skirting at the time.
- WHAT IS GROSS NEGLIGENCE? Gross negligence is the abuse and misuse of equipment during operation and transportation. For example: running equipment without oil or equipment falling from the vehicle.
- IS THERE A DEDUCTIBLE? No. Damage Waiver is not insurance. It is a waiver of our contractual right to have equipment returned in the same operating conditions as when it left. WHAT IF THE DAMAGE WAIVER IS DECLINED? You assume FULL responsibility for ALL equipment rented.